Wellness for People.
Wellness for Planet.
Inspired by Dr. Murad’s lifelong commitment to science-backed wellness, we’re dedicated to helping improve the global health epidemic of stress – including the stress of everyday life and stress to the planet. Here’s how we’re driving initiatives for wellness, inclusivity and happier, healthier lives. We’re definitely not at the finish line yet, but we’re on the journey – and hope you’ll join us!
As a cruelty-free brand, we proudly support ending all animal testing on any beauty products. We’re committed to helping cease tests anywhere in the world.
- 100% certified for PETA Approved Global Animal Test Policy.
- Ingredient transparency with filters on Murad.com to shop products without animal-derived ingredients
From replacing virgin plastic to improving ingredient transparency to using compostable shipping materials, here’s how we’re beginning to bring a bit more wellness to the planet. We know there’s so much more to do, and just wanted to share how we’ve started.
- All product cartons are made from FSC-certified material, which comes from responsibly managed forests that provide environmental, social and economic benefits
- All cartons are printed with vegetable-based ink
- All Murad.com shipping boxes are made of up to 100% recycled content and packed with 100% compostable peanuts that can break down in a residential composter (when packing peanuts aren’t available, recyclable paper is used)
- For existing products, replacing virgin plastic with PCR (post-consumer recycled) packaging in every instance possible, with 50% reduction in virgin plastic by 2025, 40% PCR components by 2030 and a goal to be 100% recyclable by 2030
- For all new products, launching in PCR or recyclable glass packaging
- Designing packaging with individual parts that can be separated for recycling.
- Compliance with[GC2] the EU Cosmetic Directive’s rigorous standards on 1,300+ banned or restricted ingredients
- Always formulating with safe, efficacious ingredients, and regularly monitoring for any updates by the FDA and other applicable governing organizations
- Filters on Murad.com to shop by “formulated without” ingredients such as parabens, phthalates and sulfates
- Sustainably sourced palm-derived materials and biodegradable jojoba beads with the highest grade of biodegradation
Prepare glass jars for curbside recycling in three easy steps: remove cap, rinse (no need to dry) and recycle.
Prepare cartons for curbside recycling. Here’s how: flatten, remove any stickers or seals and recycle!
Also, follow us in social @muradskincare to find out how to upcycle our packaging, hear about ongoing education in the sustainability space, and get updates on our progress
This is one of our core values, inspired by founder Dr. Howard Murad’s decades-long commitment to share the love and spread kindness to all. He built Murad on the principles of compassion and inclusivity – and we will never stray from that.
- Standing against racism and hate, while driving for equity and justice
- Advocating for truth, education and cultural awareness, while exemplifying respect, empathy, kindness and love for all.
Hiring an even more diverse and inclusive team that reflects our community across age, race, gender and other dimensions.
Sharing our progress in social media and emails twice a year.
Holding learning and diversity sessions for the team, led by certified inclusion experts who help create brave and safe environments for organizations.
Establishing a “Murad on Diversity” committee to ensure team members from all backgrounds are heard and represented.
Creating content that’s age, race, gender and size inclusive, such as eliminating the use of the word “normal” for beauty standards, and never digitally altering a person’s shape or skin color.
Inspired by Dr. Murad’s lifelong commitment to science-backed wellness, here’s how we’re sharing the wellness for happier, healthier lives in our communities.
- Partnering with No Kid Hungry, the only national campaign committed to ending childhood hunger in the U.S., to provide up to 1 million meals for kids in need over the course of this year through donations, fundraising events and more ($1 can provide up to 10 meals; meal equivalency varies during COVID-19 relief, learn more here)
- With this official partnership, reaching one of the most stressed segments in our communities – families struggling with food insecurity – to alleviate this stressor and work toward Dr. Murad’s lifelong commitment of helping people live happier, healthier lives
- In 2020, we helped provide up to 1.5 million meals – join us in continuing our purpose here!
Ensuring inclusive wellness stories are always told in our digital magazine and podcast, Well Connected by Murad, by writers, editors and guests of all backgrounds.
Bringing trusted advice and recommendations rooted in facts and data from some of the world’s top wellness and science authorities
Reporting fact-backed stories which express Dr. Murad’s philosophy that daily stress-reducing practices can transform your skin and the wellbeing of your entire life.
Always activating one of Dr. Murad’s most loved, science-backed philosophies—"Stress less. Be imperfect. Live longer.”—through all touchpoints. There’s no such thing as “perfect” in skin—and in life. Let’s toss the stress of these unrealistic expectations aside to protect our overall well-being.