Terms of Sale
This web site is provided for your information and entertainment, and we hope you enjoy using it. Please browse the web site and make use of its various features, but please be aware that your use of the web site is subject to the following terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please do not use this web site.
- Ownership and Operation
- Agreement to Be Bound; Termination
- User Accounts
- Continuing Agreement
- Ownership and Use of the Service and Site Materials
- Downloaded Software
- Mobile Devices
- SMS/MMS Mobile Marketing Program
- User Code of Conduct
- User Submissions
- Voting/Rating Features
- Geographic Scope of Site
- Links to Other Sites
- CONTENTS OF THIS SERVICE - DISCLAIMER
- OPERATION OF THIS SERVICE - DISCLAIMER
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Limitations as to Paragraphs 14, 15 and 16
- Copyright Agent
- Applicable Law; Jurisdiction
- No Waiver
- No Legal Effect
1. Ownership and Operation
This site and its related services and applications (collectively, this "Service") is being offered by Murad, which is a member of the Unilever group of companies (“Murad” or “we”). For more information on the Unilever companies and their product Murads, click here. Murad may, in its sole discretion and at any time, modify, suspend or discontinue this Service or specific portions of it.
3. User AccountsIf you register an account on the Service (an "Account"), you:
- must not allow any third party to access the Service using the email address you provided during the registration process ("Log-in ID") and password;
- are prohibited from using anyone else's Log-in ID and password to access the Service;
- are responsible for any use of the Service by any third party who accesses the Service using your Log-in ID and/or password;
- will notify Murad immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of the Service or of your Log-in ID and/or password; and
- are responsible for ensuring that any information that you provide to Murad as part of the account registration process is accurate and is kept up to date at all times, and you will notify Murad immediately of any changes to this information.
6. Ownership and Use of the Service and Site MaterialsAll right, title and interest in and to this Service, including all text, designs, images, videos, graphics, Software and other content and materials on the Service (collectively, "Materials"), are owned by Murad and its licensors. Murad also owns or has a right to use all trademarks, service marks, logos, and trade names used on this Service (collectively, "Trademarks").
No part of the Service may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, distributed, stored or incorporated into any information retrieval system in any way, except that you may download one copy for your personal, non-commercial home use only, provided you keep intact all copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices on the materials. In addition, you may not rent, lease, sell, modify, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or transfer this Service or any portion thereof.
You may not use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this Service or any portion thereof and you may not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large burden on this Service, as determined by Murad in its sole discretion.
8. Mobile DevicesIf permitted or available through the Service, to (a) upload content to the Service via your mobile device and/or tablet, (b) receive and reply to messages, or to access or make posts using text messaging, (c) browse the Service from your mobile device and/or (d) to access certain features through a mobile application you have downloaded and installed on your mobile device (collectively the "Mobile Services"), you must have a mobile communications subscription (or have the consent of the applicable subscriber, to the extent permitted under the applicable subscription) with a participating carrier or otherwise have access to a mobile communications network for which Murad makes the Service available as well as any carrier services necessary to download content, and you must pay any service fees associated with any such access (including text messaging charges for each text message you send and receive on your mobile device). In addition, you must provide all equipment and software necessary to connect to the Service, including, but not limited to, if the Service contains a mobile element, a mobile hand set or other mobile access device that is in working order and suitable for use in connection with the Service. You are responsible for ensuring that your equipment and/or software does not disturb or interfere with operations of the Service. Any equipment or software causing interference will be immediately disconnected from the Service and Murad will have the right to immediately terminate this Agreement. If any upgrade in or to the Service requires changes in your equipment or software (including the operating system for your Device), you must effect these changes at your own expense. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new or additional features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new products and services, will be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
9. Murad LLC's SMS/MMS Mobile Marketing ProgramLast updated: June 26, 2023
The US-www.murad.com mobile message service (the "Service") is operated by US-www.murad.com (“US-www.murad.com”, “we”, or “us”). Your use of the Service constitutes your agreement to these terms and conditions (“Mobile Terms”). We may modify or cancel the Service or any of its features without notice. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may also modify these Mobile Terms at any time and your continued use of the Service following the effective date of any such changes shall constitute your acceptance of such changes.
By consenting to US-www.murad.com’s SMS/text messaging service, you agree to receive recurring SMS/text messages from and on behalf of US-www.murad.com through your wireless provider to the mobile number you provided, even if your mobile number is registered on any state or federal Do Not Call list. Text messages may be sent using an automatic telephone dialing system or other technology. Service-related messages may include updates, alerts, and information (e.g., order updates, account alerts, etc.). Promotional messages may include promotions, specials, and other marketing offers (e.g., cart reminders).
You understand that you do not have to sign up for this program in order to make any purchases, and your consent is not a condition of any purchase with US-www.murad.com. Your participation in this program is completely voluntary.
We do not charge for the Service, but you are responsible for all charges and fees associated with text messaging imposed by your wireless provider. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Check your mobile plan and contact your wireless provider for details. You are solely responsible for all charges related to SMS/text messages, including charges from your wireless provider.
You may opt-out of the Service at any time. Text the single keyword command STOP to 51379 or click the unsubscribe link (where available) in any text message to cancel. You'll receive a one-time opt-out confirmation text message. No further messages will be sent to your mobile device, unless initiated by you. If you have subscribed to other US-www.murad.com mobile message programs and wish to cancel, except where applicable law requires otherwise, you will need to opt out separately from those programs by following the instructions provided in their respective mobile terms. For Service support or assistance, text HELP to or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may change any short code or telephone number we use to operate the Service at any time and will notify you of these changes. You acknowledge that any messages, including any STOP or HELP requests, you send to a short code or telephone number we have changed may not be received and we will not be responsible for honoring requests made in such messages.
The wireless carriers supported by the Service are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages. You agree to provide us with a valid mobile number. If you get a new mobile number, you will need to sign up for the program with your new number.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree that we will not be liable for failed, delayed, or misdirected delivery of any information sent through the Service, any errors in such information, and/or any action you may or may not take in reliance on the information or Service.
We respect your right to privacy. To see how we collect and use your personal information, please see our Privacy Notice.
11. User Code of ConductIn using or accessing this Service, you agree, without limitation:
12. User SubmissionsCertain portions of the Service may permit you to submit post, transmit or upload content created by you ("User Submissions"), which may include, without limitation, photographs, information, text, images, graphics, video, comments, suggestions, ideas (including product and advertising ideas), posts to blogs/ social networks/ discussion forums, and communications with other Service users.
In connection with User Submissions, you agree that you will not submit User Submissions that:
- include material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights (including, without limitation, trademark, privacy and publicity rights) unless you are the owner of such rights or have express permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant the rights granted herein;
- are unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate any law or is otherwise inappropriate;
- contain advertisements or solicitations of any funds, goods or services;
- is a communication by a user impersonating another user;
- contains personal information, such as messages which identify telephone numbers, social security numbers, account numbers or addresses; or
- could be considered bulk unsolicited communications.
No credit, approval or compensation is due to you for any such Use of User Submissions you may submit. The Licensed Parties also have the right, but not the obligation, to Use your username (and real name, image, likeness, caption, location information or other identifying information, if provided in connection with User Submissions), in connection with broadcast, print, online or any other Use of your User Submissions. All User Submissions become the unrestricted licensed property of the Licensed Parties.
By submitting, posting, transmitting or uploading User Submissions through or to the Service, you authorize the Licensed Parties to make copies thereof and retain such User Submissions and copies as the Licensed Parties deem necessary to facilitate the Use of the User Submission.
13. Voting/Rating Features
15. Geographic Scope of SiteMurad controls and operates this Service from within the United States of America. Unless otherwise specified on or by this Service, this Service is intended to promote only those Murad products that are sold by Murad in the United States and its territories and possessions, and Murad makes no representation that materials in this Service or the products described thereby are appropriate or available for use in other locations. All visitors to this Service are responsible for compliance with all local laws applicable to them with respect to the content and operation of this Service.
16. Links to Other SitesFor your convenience and enjoyment, this Service may provide links to other third party web sites on the World Wide Web that are not operated by Murad ("Third Party Site"). Murad has no control over these Third Party Sites and is not responsible or liable for the availability, security, content, or resources of such Third Party Sites. Murad may provide such links to Third Party Sites to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply a referral by Murad to, or an endorsement by Murad of, the linked Third Party Site or any products or services, or other materials on or available from such Third Party Site. Unilever is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any linked Third Party Site. In addition, Murad is not liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with your use of such content, information, products, goods or services available on or through any such Third Party Sites.
If you determine to share any information about any Murad products through a social network platform, including through links provided by Murad through the Service, you may be able to post such information directly to your profile at the social networking platform without leaving the Service. Some social networking platforms enable functionality that allows a user to receive and transmit data to the social networking platform through use of overlays or other technology. Although it may appear that the data is collected by Murad, the data is in fact collected directly by the social networking platform and/or a third-party service provider. Your use of a social network platform to share any information is subject to, and you must comply with, the terms, conditions and restrictions of that social network platform.
17. CONTENTS OF THIS SERVICE - DISCLAIMER
THE MATERIALS IN THIS SERVICE (INCLUDING ANY GRAPHICS, SOFTWARE, RECOMMENDATIONS OR OTHER MATERIALS) AND ANY MATERIALS MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS SERVICE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS-AVAILABLE", AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, MURAD DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. MURAD DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE MATERIALS IN THIS SERVICE IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. THE MATERIALS IN THIS SERVICE COULD INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. THESE MATERIALS COULD BE INACCURATE OR BECOME INACCURATE AS A RESULT OF DEVELOPMENTS OCCURRING AFTER THEIR RESPECTIVE DATES. MURAD UNDERTAKES NO OBLIGATION TO VERIFY OR MAINTAIN THE CURRENCY OF SUCH INFORMATION.
IN ADDITION, YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT WHEN USING THIS SERVICE, YOU WILL BE EXPOSED TO USER SUBMISSIONS POSTED AND/OR SUBMITTED BY USERS. MURAD IS NOT IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USER SUBMISSIONS, AND MURAD DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY, INTEGRITY, QUALITY, OR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF OR RELATING TO SUCH USER SUBMISSIONS. IN ADDITION, MURAD CANNOT ASSURE THAT HARMFUL, INACCURATE, DECEPTIVE, OFFENSIVE, THREATENING, DEFAMATORY, UNLAWFUL OR OTHERWISE OBJECTIONABLE USER SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT APPEAR ON THIS SERVICE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT BY PROVIDING YOU WITH THE ABILITY TO ACCESS AND VIEW USER SUBMISSIONS ON THIS SERVICE, MURAD IS MERELY ACTING AS A PASSIVE CONDUIT FOR SUCH DISTRIBUTION AND IS NOT UNDERTAKING ANY OBLIGATION OR LIABILITY RELATING TO ANY USER SUBMISSIONS OR ACTIVITIES OF USERS ON THIS SERVICE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE INFORMATION, MATERIALS AND OPINIONS EXPRESSED OR INCLUDED IN ANY USER SUBMISSIONS ARE NOT NECESSARILY THOSE OF MURAD OR ITS AFFILIATED OR RELATED ENTITIES OR SERVICE PROVIDERS.
18. OPERATION OF THIS SERVICE - DISCLAIMERMURAD ENDEAVORS TO MAINTAIN THIS SERVICE AND ITS OPERATION, BUT IS NOT, AND CANNOT BE, RESPONSIBLE FOR THE RESULTS OF ANY DEFECTS THAT MAY EXIST IN THIS SERVICE OR ITS OPERATION. AS TO THE OPERATION OF THIS SERVICE, MURAD EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. MURAD MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (I) THE OPERATION OF THIS SERVICE WILL MEET THE USER'S REQUIREMENTS; (II) ACCESS TO THIS SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, FREE OF VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR FREE OF DEFECTS OR ERRORS; (III) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THIS SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; OR (IV) DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED. YOU (AND NOT MURAD) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION THAT MAY BE NECESSARY FOR YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR MOBILE DEVICE AND SOFTWARE AS A RESULT OF ANY VIRUSES, ERRORS OR ANY OTHER PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER YOU MAY HAVE AS A RESULT OF VISITING THIS SERVICE.
19. LIMITATION OF LIABILITYUNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL MURAD, ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATED COMPANIES AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, LICENSORS, LICENSEES, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE "UNILEVER PARTIES") BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES, THAT MAY RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE SERVICE OR ANY MATERIALS IN THIS SERVICE, WHETHER IN AN ACTION BASED ON CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SERVICE OR INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THIS SERVICE. THE UNILEVER PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE EVEN IF A UNILEVER PARTY OR A UNILEVER AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THESE INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, LINE FAILURE OR COMPUTER VIRUS, WORM, TROJAN HORSE OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENT.
20. Limitations as to Paragraphs 14, 15 and 16Applicable Laws may not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. However, in no event shall the Unilever Parties' total liability to you for damages, losses, and causes of action (whether in contract, tort (including, but not limited to, negligence, or otherwise) exceed the amount paid by you, if any, for accessing this Service.
22. Copyright AgentThe Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the "DMCA") provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide our Copyright Agent with the following information:
(a) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
(b) a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
(c) a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located, with enough detail that we may find it;
(d) your address, telephone number, and email address;
(e) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright or intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law;
(f) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner's behalf.
Any notification by a copyright owner or a person authorized to act on its behalf that fails to comply with requirements of the DMCA shall not be considered sufficient notice and shall not be deemed to confer upon us actual knowledge of facts or circumstances from which infringing material or acts are evident. Our copyright agent for notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement can be reached as follows:
Name: Copyright Agent
We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice with our copyright agent.
We may, in appropriate circumstances and in our sole discretion, prohibit users who may be repeat infringers from accessing the Service or making submissions.
- No Legal Effect