Want to Tighten Skin Under Your Eyes? Do This, Not That.
If the eyes are the windows to the soul, we hope ours reflect only the very best things. And in that territory? Making sure the under-eye area isn’t sagging or wrinkled beyond belief! If you’re looking for ways to bring a youthful appearance to the under-eye area, you’re in luck. Here’s how to tighten skin under eyes.
So, what causes loose skin under the eyes, anyway?
The under-eye area contains the thinnest skin on your entire body. That means, even when you take care of it, it can still lose some of its tautness. Loose skin under the eyes can be caused by a few different factors:
- Overexposure to the sun
Collagen and elastin also decrease in the skin over time. These two proteins help to keep skin under the eyes looking and feeling tight, but as they start decreasing, you may find increased sagging in the under-eye area.
Are there skincare products that I can use to help tighten the skin under my eyes?
Focus on these types of products when you’re searching for how to tighten skin under eyes.
An over-the-counter topical cosmetic product can help encourage collagen production, helping to give skin a plumper, more youthful look. Retinoid creams and retinol eye serums are one type of topical skincare product. As retinol can be quite strong, you should start off only using it in small quantities, 1-2 times per week.
Vitamin C is another effective ingredient found in topical skincare products. Products with vitamin C can help to tighten skin under the eyes, while they also have the ability to help brighten skin.
While sunscreen doesn’t necessarily tighten the skin under the eyes, using sun protection every day is imperative! Incorporating an SPF into your daily skincare routine ensures that you are protecting your skin against harmful UVA and UVB rays, which can lead to sun damage like fine lines and wrinkles.
Are there any natural remedies I can try?
Want to know how to tighten loose skin under eyes? Sometimes, it’s as easy as getting enough sleep or drinking enough water! Getting 7-8 hours of sleep every night and eating a diet of water-rich foods will help keep your body hydrated, which can help skin look more plump and supple.
How should I apply my skincare products?
The number one rule when you want to make sure you’re treating the skin under your eyes: don’t rub! Rubbing or dragging the skin under your eyes can actually be more harmful than helpful, since it can pull the skin and cause it to become looser or more wrinkled over time. When you apply your under eye cream, be sure to pat it gently into the skin using your ring finger.
What’s the takeaway?
As we age, the skin under our eyes will naturally start to lose collagen and elasticity. If you are wondering about how to tighten skin under eyes, looking at topical cosmetic products, natural remedies and knowing how to correctly apply skincare products are all great places to start. You can also look into both nonsurgical and surgical options in a consultation with your dermatologist. And, above all, be sure to treat that area of your face with the utmost care.
- Gold-stabilized vitamin C eye serum fights the look of dark circles in as little as 2 weeks.$67.00 | 0.5 FL. OZ.
- Prevent and reduce the look of wrinkles all around the eyes (including lids!) with Retinol Tri-Active Technology for potent-yet-gentle results.$89.00 | 0.5 FL. OZ.
- Sphere-infused serum for the face and eyes combats signs of stress-induced aging.$97.00 | 1.35 FL. OZ.
- Daily moisturizer hydrates, protects and revitalizes skin.$68.00 | 1.7 FL. OZ.
- Foaming cleanser washes away impurities, surface oil and makeup.$44.00 | 6.75 FL. OZ.
- (Known in China as Restorative Moisture Cream) Luxurious yet lightweight cream deeply moisturizes with Advanced Hyaluronic Acid Technology, plus it’s clinically proven to instantly comfort, smooth and plump skin with moisture.$83.00 | 1.7 FL. OZ.