MURAD INC. RATINGS AND REVIEW SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE OR HIGH RATING DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Murad Inc. Ratings and Review Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Murad Inc. and Bazaaarvoice, Inc. (“Administrator”), any of their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, representatives, franchisees, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, web site providers, web masters, and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, siblings and their spouses, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Murad Inc.’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent on fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Murad Inc. and Administrator reserve the right to verify the eligibility of winner. Void where prohibited by law. Subject to all federal, state and local laws, regulations, and ordinances.
- SPONSOR: Murad Inc. (“Sponsor”), 2121 Rosecrans Ave, 5th Floor, El Segundo, CA 90245.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins on March 8, 2013 at 12:00 a.m. PST, and ends on March 31, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. PST (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
- HOW TO ENTER SWEEPSTAKES: To enter the Sweepstakes, visit www.Murad.com during the Sweepstakes Period and follow the instructions to submit your personal ratings and reviews or comments regarding Sponsor’s products. You may either submit comments on the features you want a skincare product to have, or submit a review of one of the Sponsor’s products that was purchased prior to the Sweepstakes Period and which you have personally used. Sweepstakes entry requires a user to create a free user account on www.Murad.com. To create a free user account, a user must submit email address and name. Entries must be received by Sponsor by 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time on March 31, 2013. One (1) valid and complete product review or comment equals one (1) Sweepstakes entry. “SPAM” or fraudulent reviews will not be posted and all such entries from said user will be void. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, damaged, misdirected, illegible or incomplete registrations, reviews, or entries. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the permitted number of entries by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, registrations, addresses or any other methods will void all of that participant's entries, and that participant may be disqualified at Sponsor’s discretion. Use of automated entries or programs is prohibited. Normal Internet access, phone and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service may apply.
Sweepstakes entries will be attributed to the authorized account holder of the email address submitted during registration/entry. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the registrant or participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, Internet service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Winning participants may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the claimed winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry, or forfeit the prize. Entries specifying an invalid, non-working, or inactive email address will be disqualified and ineligible to win.
All entries, comments and reviews become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged, and Sponsor will not verify receipt of entries. All entrants agree that Sponsor and Sponsor’s agents, affiliates or service provides may use entrants’ personal information submitted with entry for purposes of prize fulfillment and/or for future marketing by Sponsor, such as to notify them of a product or Sweepstakes that Sponsor thinks may be of interest. Sponsor or Administrator will not sell personal information submitted with entry to outside solicitors.
- DETERMINATION AND NOTIFICATION OF WINNER: One winner will be selected from all eligible entries through a random drawing to be held on or around the following dates: March 31, 2013. Potential winners will be notified that they have won by email, telephone, and/or overnight mail within seven (7) days of the drawing. Except where legally prohibited, potential winner must execute an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form (“Eligibility/Liability Form”) within seven (7) days of notification or the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be randomly selected from all eligible entries received.
- PRIZE: The Sweepstakes winners will receive their choice of Murad products selected by Sponsor with a total ARV of Prize including a $100 SpaFinder gift card: $1,000.
- PRIZE CONDITIONS AND RESTRICTIONS: The prize is not transferable and no substitution is allowed except in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prize may not be redeemed for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize (or portion of prize) is unavailable. Winner is responsible for any loss of prize or portion of prize after it has been delivered. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Any and all applicable federal, state and local taxes (including but not limited to income and sales taxes) and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of the prize not specifically stated herein are the sole responsibility of winner. All expenses associated with the use of the prize are the sole responsibility of winner. Prize winner will be issued a 1099 tax form for the appropriate retail value of his/her prize.
Return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Eligibility/Liability form, or if the potential winner is unavailable to accept the prize within the time period specified, or to use the prize on dates specified by Sponsor, the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate entrant may be selected. Up to three (3) alternate winner drawings may be held for each prize, after which the prize will remain unawarded.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus or bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the operation, administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and: (a) cancel, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof); (b) modify the Sweepstakes or suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (c) award the prize from among the eligible entries received, up to the time of impairment.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Neither Sponsor nor anyone acting on its behalf will enter into any communications with any entrant regarding this Sweepstakes, except as expressly set forth in these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process and/or the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. Entrants agree that Sponsor shall own the entries, which shall not be acknowledged or returned.
- RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT SPONSOR AND ITS AFFILIATES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, FRANCHISEES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONSULTANTS, CONTRACTORS, LEGAL COUNSEL, ADVERTISING, PUBLICATIONS, SWEEPSTAKES FULFILLMENT AND MARKETING AGENCIES, WEB SITE PROVIDERS, WEB MASTERS, AND ADMINISTRATOR, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES) TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF A PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO TRAVEL CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES) TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF RECEIPT OR USE OF THE PRIZE OR THE SWEEPSTAKES WEBSITE OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES WEBSITE. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, WINNER GRANTS TO SPONSOR (WHICH GRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING ON REQUEST OF SPONSOR), ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, RETAILERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING AND SWEEPSTAKES AGENCIES, SUPPLIERS, AND THOSE ACTING PURSUANT TO ITS AUTHORITY, THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLDWIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, EACH WINNER’S NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, OPINIONS AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION HOMETOWN AND STATE) FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF HIS OR HER NAME ON TELEVISION OR RADIO BROADCAST) WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT SPONSOR SHALL OWN THE ENTRIES, WHICH WILL NOT BE ACKNOWLEDGED OR RETURNED, AND THAT SPONSOR AND ITS DESIGNEES SHALL HAVE THE PERPETUAL, WORLDWIDE RIGHT TO EDIT, PUBLISH, AND USE THE ENTRIES IN ANY WAY AND IN ANY MEDIA FOR TRADE, ADVERTISING, PROMOTIONAL, AND/OR OTHER PURPOSES AS SPONSOR AND/OR ITS DESIGNEES MAY DETERMINE WITHOUT FURTHER CONSIDERATION TO ENTRANTS OR ANY THIRD PARTY.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited by law, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Central District of California. or the appropriate California State Court; (2) any and all claims, judgment, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of laws rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
- OFFICIAL RULES AND PRIZE WINNER: For a copy of the Official Rules, or for the name of the prize winners, which will be available for 90 days after winner verification, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by April 15, 2013, to Murad Inc., ATTN: Reviews Sweepstakes, 2121 Rosecrans 5th Floor, El Segundo, CA 90245. Vermont residents may omit return postage.
Murad Inc. shall not be liable for technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein. Copyright © 2013. Murad® and other trademarks contained herein are registered trademarks of Murad Inc.