Toxins are all around us, effecting the way we feel, look and function on a daily basis. Fortunately, ridding your body of these aggressors doesn’t have to mean committing to a week-long juice cleanse or a dangerously restrictive diet. Incorporating simple, healthy choices is usually enough to give your body’s clean-up crew the nudge that it needs.
One of our favorite go-to detox remedies is sipping on a Lemon, Ginger and Turmeric Detox Tea before bedtime, when our bodies are most efficient with cell turnover. Here are the purifting benefits from this powerful trifecta:
- Lemon: to heal and flush kidneys. Because it contains high levels of Vitamin C, it can also protect against environmental aggressors and free radicals.
- Ginger: to serve as a natural anti-inflammatory and improve digestive health.
- Turmeric: for its antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
Makes one cup of detox tea
- 1-2 lemon slices
- 1 tsp ginger root, freshly grated
- 1 tsp turmeric root, freshly grated
- Combine lemon slices, ginger root, and turmeric root in a saucepan with 1.5-2 cups of water
- Heat on high heat for 5-10 minutes without letting mixture come to a boil
- Strain the liquid, removing lemon, ginger, and turmeric from pan
- Pour liquid into a mug and top with fresh lemon slice for added flavor.